Ici Partenaire Entreprises recruiting FOR TONY BLAIR INSTITUTE FOR GLOBAL CHANGE (TBI) :
CONTEXT AND JOB DESCRIPTION
West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the Specialized Institution responsible for health issues for the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). WAHO’s objective is the attainment of the highest possible standard and protection of the health of the peoples in the sub-region through the harmonisation of policies of Member States, pooling of resources, and cooperation with one another and with others for collective and strategic combat against the health problems of the sub-region. Following the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, the public health agenda has never been more important.
TBI is supporting the West Africa Health Organisation (WAHO) to strengthen its institutional capacity to respond more effectively to routine public health issues and pandemics. This work will be focused on improving the capacity of WAHO and its staff to deliver on their mandates and duties. In the first phase of the programme, the team supported WAHO to deliver a strategic plan to improve health and well-being and access to quality healthcare in the region while strengthening emergency preparedness. WAHO is currently planning the implementation of this strategy.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The WAHO Delivery Analyst will provide overall support to the WAHO Lead Advisor and Delivery Advisors for the delivery of the project. In this capacity he/she will be responsible for:
Workstream management support
- Support the management of the workstreams from start to finish, including timelines, content, and deliverables
- Support the planning and facilitation of workstream related meetings with counterparts, routines and engagements
- Support the development and implementation of strategies/frameworks and approaches
- Support the project team in the development of reports, presentations and other relevant documents
- Conduct relevant research and acquire/analyse data to support the project’s workstreams and deliverables
- Support the team to engage in person with WAHO colleagues, follow up on team requests and further the embedding of team in WAHO routine planning and delivery activities
- Support evaluation of strategies, frameworks and activities to ensure progress and intervention effectiveness
- Proactively identify issues affecting workstream delivery, propose solutions and promptly communicate them to team leader(s)
- Support the successful development and delivery of project goals and deliverables
- Any other duties as assigned by WAHO Delivery Advisors
- Liaise with the Team assistant in Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire to provide operational support for team visits and activities in Bobo Dioulasso in Burkina
- General admin support to the programme as required
- Operational assistance when members of the WAHO team based in Abidjan visit Bobo Dioulasso.
We are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, drive, resilience, a can-do attitude and ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment. This is a role in a fast-paced team, working within complex policy areas that are highly scrutinised. Therefore, the successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with proven experience in economics, public policy, management consulting, international development, health systems strengthening or a related field. Experience working on delivery is a significant advantage;
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent coordination and relationship building skills;
- An ability to deliver results in complex and challenging environments;
- An ability to work independently, think strategically and translate strategies to concrete and implementable plans; an acute attention to detail with excellent organisational skills;
- Strong analytical and management skills, including sound knowledge of strategic planning and project management tools;
- An ability to communicate in at least one but preferably two of the ECOWAS official languages;
- Self-starter, motivated and proactive with solutions, and highly flexible and adaptive;
- Good knowledge and application of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PPT and other relevant software and tools;
- An ability to work independently within a team structure and manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously is essential;
- A strong sense of ethics, discretion and perseverance required;
- Experience of living and working in developing countries is essential; good working knowledge and experience of the West Africa sub-region are desirable;
- Willingness to live and work Bobo-Dioulasso in Burkina Faso.
COMPOSITION OF THE APPLICATION FILE
- Dated and signed curriculum vitae including a list of at least 3 references,
- Letter of motivation addressed to the General Manager of ICI Partenaire Entreprises,
- Photocopy of a valid identity document (or passport),
- Copies of the required diploma and certificates.
Please send your application by Sunday 21 August 2022 at 18h00 to
- ICI Partenaire Entreprises, 01 BP 6490 Ouagadougou 01 – 40 avenue Kwamé N’Krumah, Tel : 00226 25 31 05 53 / 80 – Ouagadougou – Burkina Faso
- or by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: The subject of the message must include the title or references of the position.